Hydrogen peroxide has been used for decades to disinfect cuts and scrapes because of its strong oxidizing properties. If you scraped your knees as a kid, hydrogen peroxide was usually put on the wound to prevent infection. But there are other uses for hydrogen peroxide too!
Hydrogen peroxide is super useful but unfortunately, it does expire. After six months, it can start to break down into water and oxygen, making it not as effective. It is cheap, but using a whole bottle for cuts and scrapes is not realistic! Luckily, there are many more uses to get your money’s worth.
This list has 15 unique uses for hydrogen peroxide that most people have never considered. Since it is cheap, it can save you a ton of money around the house! It can be used to clean your carpets and shower, get rid of acne, or even for fun experiments!
So check out this list and see all of the cool uses for this magic liquid.
1. Hydrogen peroxide is the best way to disinfect your toothbrush
2. It can also be used along with baking soda to make your own toothpaste
3. Mix with water and spray for natural looking highlights
4. Clean out your ears by putting a drop or two of hydrogen peroxide in and laying on your side
5. Clean off grease stains and make your pans look brand new again by using hydrogen peroxide and baking soda
6. It can even be used to clean and disinfect your makeup brushes
7. Try out this fun hydrogen peroxide experiment with your kids
8. Spray down your shower to disinfect it and keep the grout white
This can be done by putting your hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle.
9. It can also be used to clean your toilets
It is cheaper and more effective than most toilet cleaners.
10. If you really want to make sure your fruit is clean, you can spray it with hydrogen peroxide
This, along with a rinse will definitely make your fruit clean!
11. One ounce of hydrogen peroxide along with two cups of water is great for your plants’ health
It is a great pesticide, and when it breaks down, it turns into water and oxygen.
12. Eliminate dry and cracked heels by placing your feet in hydrogen peroxide and warm water
13. It also gets rid of pit stains in white shirts
14. Hydrogen peroxide is an affordable, scent free carpet cleaner
15. And it removes acne and acne scars. What can’t hydrogen peroxide do!?