If you are looking to spice up your home or apartment, some awesome shelves are definitely the solution. By adding some DIY shelves to your walls, you are not only making the room more exciting, but you are taking advantage of the space. Most people hate it when their walls look blank and empty. But if you are to improve the look of your home and create more space for your items, then it is definitely something to try!
We have found 23 awesome shelves that will improve your space and even increase the value of your home. These are all DIY shelves, and some of them are so easy that they may only take a few minutes! Because these shelves are DIY, they are also a lot cheaper than those expensive shelves you will see in stores.
So check out these picture and see if there are any shelves that you want to try for yourself! If you do any of these designs, post a picture in the comments! We would love to see your creation.
1. Using Ikea Ekby brackets, you can create rustic DIY shelves like this one
2. Repurpose some old books into a shelf
3. Old wooden pallets make great bookshelves
There is plenty of room for creativity here!
4. Love the rustic look? Try this wooden branch shelf
5. By using custom hardware, you can design your own rustic shelf
6. Using a few simple pieces of wood you can create a wine shelf like this one
There is chalkboard paint on the front, so you can write messages on there!
7. Love the floating shelf look? This one is easy
8. Using some brackets, you can turn a skateboard into a shelf
Cheap skateboards go for about $30.
9. This stepladder was turned into an awesome shelf
10. Picture frames make awesome and unique shelves
11. And so do paint buckets
12. This bathroom shelf was made for under $10
It was made with some simple pine boards and some rope.
13. Want a look like this one? Try staining the wood
14. Try this simple idea with Hobby Lobby brackets
All you need are these brackets and a piece of wood. The brackets cost less than $20!
15. Take advantage of all the space you can with a corner shelf
16. Metal baskets can make a simple and functional shelf
17. Make a creative shelf with hexagons or other geometric shapes
via: ispydiy | makeanddocrew
18. This floating shelf completely covers the brackets
19. Have a pipe sticking out of your wall? Turn it into a shelf
20. Old kitchen drawers make great shelves
21. Wooden crates can be made into magazine or book racks for your living room
22. If you are looking for wood to use for your own creations, try barnwood
23. And if you are looking to try something really creative, try this amazing door shelf
Need more DIY ideas? Go here!