Parenting is described as the hardest, yet most rewarding job available. But ‘hardest’ is heavily stressed. Parenting is a full-time job, and it can be hard to get everything done that needs to be done — all without getting any sleep! But the internet has sure made parenting easier. Parents from all over the internet post parenting hacks they figure out that make their lives easier for them and their children!
This list contains 30 of our favorite parenting hacks that we found. All of these parenting hacks are DIY and require little, if any, extra supplies. All of them will make lives easier for you and your children, no matter how old they are! Some of them are so easy I am surprised I have never heard of them before.
It would normally take years of parenting to acquire the knowledge shared in this article. Take advantage of this information and be sure to bookmark for later!
1. Put a Capri Sun in the freezer for six hours to turn it into a fantastic slushy
2. Put a straw through a strawberry to remove the stem
Is that why they call it a ‘straw’berry?
3. Prevent popsicles from dripping everywhere by using cupcake liners
4. Keep your candy stash safe by putting it inside a healthy food bag
5. Prevent your kid from squeezing a juice box by lifting the tabs on the sides
That way, they will hold it from the sides.
6. Freeze yogurt to make a healthy snack kids will love
7. If your baby needs a nail trimming, wait for them to be asleep for 20 minutes
8. Make sure to pack an extra shirt for yourself in a diaper bag
9. Put plastic wrap over a cup to prevent spills
Then just stick the straw right through!
10. Did your kid make a mess with glitter? Use a lint roller
11. Store crayons in an Altoid container in your purse
You never know when you might need them!
12. Keep pacifiers clean by putting them in portion cups
13. De-tangle doll hair with a little bit of fabric softener
14. Turn an old bottle of lotion into a faucet extender so your kids can get clean
15. Prevent ice cream from dripping out of a cone using a marshmallow
16. Cut a sticker down the middle and place it on your kids shoe
That way they will know what shoe goes where!
17. If your toddler is always taking his or her onesie off, put it on backwards
18. If your kid is afraid of monsters, try monster spray
19. Cut pancakes into bite size pieces with a pizza cutter
20. Keep a frozen sponge in your child’s lunch box
Ice blocks tend to make everything wet.
21. Stop your kid from using too much toilet paper by making a “shall not pass” sign
22. Prevent your kids toys from floating away by putting them in a laundry basket
23. Hang a shoe organizer on the back of your seat so your kids can grab what they need
24. Stop your kids from wasting soap by putting a rubber band underneath
25. Keep birthday cake from going stale using white bread and toothpicks
26. Make hot dogs less messy by putting condiments underneath the dog
27. Put a bib hook on the back of a high chair
28. Keep baby socks together by putting them in a laundry bag
29. Cut a bunch of grapes at once by using a plate
30. Keep track of your child’s dosage by putting a chart on the side of the bottle