Now that Christmas is just a short time away, it is time to start decorating! And the most well-known decoration of all is the Christmas tree. Many people all across the world decorate their living spaces with either real or artificial trees. But for those with limited space, that may not be the best option.
Luckily for you, there is a fun alternative. The answer is a DIY Christmas tree! These are made by you and your family in your own home, and they are much cheaper and more creative than traditional trees. These DIY trees work great for people with limited space, families on a budget, and those without a lot of time to decorate. If you already have a main tree, you can also make one of these DIY trees for a second decorative tree.
So take a look at these 38 DIY Christmas tree ideas and see if you find something you want to try! If you are not making your own tree this year, you can still enjoy these awesome creations made by others.
1. Wrapping paper makes a fun and festive tree
2. And so do festive bows
3. The perfect DIY Christmas tree for book lovers
4. Another great tree for book worms
5. Spice up your Christmas tree with this King Kong tree topper
6. Beer bottles make a great tree for bachelor pads
7. Think I am going to make this Lego tree for my desk
8. This origami tree takes some serious skill but it looks awesome
9. A Minecraft inspired Christmas tree
10. Your guests will love this candy Christmas tree
11. Guitarist can turn their instruments into awesome DIY trees
12. And so can drummers
13. Photographers can also make trees out of their equipment
14. This crossover tree of a menorah and a Christmas tree is great for multi faith roommates and families
15. A homemade Charlie Brown style tree. Made from an old branch
16. Christmas yard decorations like inflatable snowmen make great trees
17. By hanging ornaments from your ceiling, you can make the floating ornament tree
18. This beautiful tree was made with painted white branches
19. A chemistry teacher’s Christmas tree
20. If you got the skill, try out this beautiful oak wood Christmas tree
21. Save up those egg cartons because they can be turned into a DIY tree
22. If you have cats, try out this 2-D cat-friendly tree
23. A hospital displayed this tree made out of latex gloves
24. These trees are coming out of a portal from another dimension
25. If you have little space, try this cardboard cutout tree
Plenty of room to get creative with your own designs!
26. Put this broccoli tree out when you have guests over
27. Micro trees made from doilies
28. For a simple tree, decorate a step ladder with Christmas lights
29. A Pacman and Ms. Pacman inspired tree
30. The perfect tree for creative minimalists
31. Looking for something artistic? This tree was made out of old book pages
32. A tree made from IT equipment
33. Love cartoons? Try this cartoon inspired Christmas tree
34. A DIY tree for a mad scientist
35. A simple tree made from hanging branches
36. This tree is a festive holiday hat rack
37. Old vinyl records with Christmas music make a great DIY tree
38. But if you don’t have the time or space for a tree, you can always go with the hilarious ‘lazy’ tree!
Which DIY Christmas tree is your favorite? Please share your thoughts in the comments below!