Your home is a reflection of yourself. It is a space for you to relax and enjoy your life. However, homes can be difficult to maintain. We all want our home to look its best, but sometimes we don’t have the time. We have a solution of valuable home improvements!
This list we have put together contains 20 simple DIY things you can do to increase the value of your home. This list is for everybody who may want to improve their living space. Not only do these improvements make your living space more comfortable, they also make your home worth more. And that is something we can all get behind!
If you are selling your home, or getting ready to sell, then you need to try some of these valuable home improvements out. By improving all the little details of your home, you can increase the overall value! This can make it easier to sell and help you get more for your property.
Whether you are preparing to sell your home or not, this list of valuable home improvements has something for everyone!
1. Upgrade your outlet and light switch plates
2. Get rid of that popcorn ceiling
Be sure to check for asbestos before doing it yourself! Older homes may have it.
3. Add visible storage space
Hidden storage is helpful, but when you are selling a home buyers want to see the storage space.
4. Upgrade your bathroom by painting your faucet
5. Paint your home with neutral colors
This is what buyers want to see!
6. Add mirrors to make the space look brighter
7. Cover eyesores with paintings or pictures
8. Instead of replacing kitchen cabinets, paint them instead
This is much cheaper to do!
9. And be sure to upgrade your cabinet handles while you are at it
10. Add some molding in areas that are bland
11. Make an extra bedroom by installing a closet
Some homes may have an office space or a storage room that can be converted to a new bedroom.
12. Instead of replacing tile, it can be painted over
13. Upgrade the lighting in your living room and kitchen
Make the home look more expensive.
14. Upgrade your windows by adding new frames or molding
15. And paint the inside of your window frames
This makes the windows look newer!
16. Refurbish old bathtubs with a coat of paint
17. Add seating in your patio or backyard
18. Increase the curb appeal of your home
This is the first thing buyers see when they pull up! Learn how here.
19. One of the easiest valuable home improvements is to remember to put all of your pictures away before you list!
20. Also, call a home inspector BEFORE you list, so you know what you need to fix.